Re: Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available

hi :)

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 01:12:14AM +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:
> IMO package auto tracking belongs into apt itself. So it shouldn't
> matter if you install something via apt-get, aptitude or synaptic (or
> any other apt fronend) you always get correct tracking. The same
> should be true for various other metadata like e.g. the "new" flag and
> the "hold" flag.
exactly.

Additionally, I would like to see a new flag: 'never'.
Dependency tracking should do its best to avoid these packages.
(e.g., generally I want to add all Recommended packages, too --
but I don't want to draw in emacs, even if it is recommended by some
tool I use)

The problem is that dependency tracking in a system as big as debian
is not that easy as it looks at first sight.
And in the near future I don't have the time to think some more about
such a feature. :(

--
Martin Waitz