Re: Change Default Behavior in Nautilus 2.6 To Navigational?

 > Amaya wrote:
 >> > One way is to set the "/apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser"
 >> > key in gconf (using gconftool-2 or gconf-editor).
 >> Gee, thanks, this made my day!

 > This made my day too.  That was easy.

 > Is there any plan to make this kind of thing more easily know-able?  I'm
 > not sure I ever would have figured that out except by asking.  I suppose
 > I might eventually have thought to start walking through the gconf keys,
 > but it'd be nice to have some more obvious place to look for questions
 > like this.

 > For example, if all gconf keys and their meaning were in a file in
 > /usr/share/doc/(whatever package), one could easily search through that
 > file to find settings that aren't otherwise accessible from the GUI
 > preferences.

It should be possible to script this, as the gconf keys are already documented
(look at gconf-editor's bottom right-hand side pane). The descriptions
themselves are in /etc/gconf/schemas and dpkg -S will give the name of the
package that owns a schema...

 > Does anyone know if there is any plan within Gnome to make this sort of
 > information more accessible?
 > --
 > Adam Kessel
 > http://adam.rosi-kessel.org