Re: gdm issues

It seems that this is a very old issue... ummm... I wonder why is it
back. Somebody forgot to apply some debian-specific patch?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/01/msg00214.html

I'm still looking for an answer. I can see in syslog there is a lot of
errors like:

May 17 23:46:53 box init: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes

I have not changed inittab (yes, run-level 5 is my default id); I'm not
sure what introduced this bad behavior yet. X is running on vts5 even
though I said not to dynamically allocate vts and the firstvts is set to
7. Go figure...

Any body has an idea what to do to fix this? Am i the only one
experiencing these problems?