Re: "debian menu" in gnome's "Applications" menu

<quote who="Marcos Pinto">

> then provide a separate package without it coded in for people who dont
> want/need the debian menu.

That's just not possible with the current GNOME panel code.

> did you read why i wanted it gone in the first place?  debian needs to
> address such uses

Perhaps upstream 'needs to address such uses', but the only way for Debian
(or yourself) to address it is to turn it off at the code level.

- Jeff

    "Basically my philosophy on release management is that it should be
                like police brutality." - Maciej Stachowiak