Re: how to easily get gnome 2.6 out of experimental ?

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 22:36, Luis M wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 21:28, Luis M wrote:
> > I did just that to give it a try and I got stuck at hicolor-icon-theme.
> > It seems to have one file in common with kdelibs-data
>
> Well, I got rid of it the "hard" and "not recommended" way for now
> (faking the system to "think" it is installed).
> At least this problem is known now ;-).
>
> Aside from that, Nautilus seems to be very speedy and everything else
> rocks (so far). I can't get my gnome-devel stuff to work (working on a
> dvd authoring system for Gnome. almost done).
>
> Any thoughts on what to do to get all gnome dev packages to install?

Disregard... got it to compile. Wonderful work.

As a side note, I had to manually install the gtk2-engines
(thinice,redmond95) to make the themes stop complaining. Quirks to be
worked out...

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com
We come to bury DOS, not to praise it. -- Paul Vojta,
vojta@math.berkeley.edu

http://www.latinomixed.com/