Don't have preferences anywhere.

Hi there, I'm zertggfda and I have a problem.

Recently I installed gnome-core 46 in Sid using Synaptic, I then tried to
set my preferences.

The problem is, I couldn't find them. There were no entries in
menu/applications/preferences and when I runned gnome-control-center all I
got was an empty nautilus window.

I also presume that the "start here" icon in the desktop does something
useful, all I get is the same empty nautilus window.

I then tried to install gnome 46, aka: everything but the Kitchen Sink, but
all I got in return was 80Mb of free hard drive but still no preferences.

Pertinent information(?): I'm running unstable with kernel 2.6.3 in a x86.

I'm receptive to sugestions, pearls of wisdom or shoulders to cry on.

Thank You.
--
Adira já ao Net Dialup Light. Acesso profissional gratuito.
NovisNet, a Internet de quem trabalha. http://www.novisnet.pt