gdm in Gnome 2.4 shutdown even harder

Hi,

Today after almost 4 weeks I'm online again. First thing I did was upgrading my Sid box. Gnome 2.4 feels great. Thanx for the great work. Everything's perfect except the shutdown. I can live with that that in order to shutdown I need 2 steps. Logout from gnome, choose shutdown from gdm system menu. But now after I choose shutdown gdm asks me for a root password. I know it, but my wife will know it only over my dead body:) Yet she sometimes need to shutdown the computer. Security is good. But let's face it this is ridiculous. If I use gnome I use computer as desktop, not a server. So I shutdown it for the night. And such a simple operation has become even harder. Or I have misconfigured something? I let dpkg overwrite my old gdm config file.Thanx for any helpMpiktas