Re: xterm colors / sawfish fonts

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:10:17AM -0400, Walt Reed wrote:
> > I had to make a change in ~/.sawfish/custom to get sawfish-ui to change
> > my window font correctly. Here's an entry that works for default-font:
> >
> > (custom-set-typed-variable (quote default-font) (quote ("Xft" . "Bitstream
> > Vera Sans Bold-9")) (quote font))
> >
> > Once the Xft change has been made an you restart sawfish, you'll be able
> > to use sawfish-ui to change the font.
>
> OK, manually chaging the font works, but it's still broken in the ui.
> Thanks!

You know what, it was broken for me too actually. I swear at one point this
worked for me after editing the custom file. I just did some checking and
found this thread:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/sawfish-list/2003-August/msg00031.html

Sure enough, I ran 'env GDK_USE_XFT=1 sawfish-ui' and was able to use the ui
to change the font. I must have removed the variable from my environment at
some point.

Ryan