Re: xterm colors / sawfish fonts

Hi,

Juergen Kreileder <jk@blackdown.de> writes:
[...]
> gnome-settings-daemon now sets some color related X resources so
> non-GNOME applications look more like GNOME applications.
>
> You can change xterm's background color back to white by adding
>
> xterm*background: white
>
> to ~/.Xresources.  (To enable the new setting instantly you can use
> 'xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources').
[...]
> (Look at /usr/share/control-center-2.0/xrdb/*.ad to see what resources
> get changed by gnome-settings-daemon.)
[...]

Thank you for the hint!

Is there any way to disable this completelly, without having to write a
new .Xresources for each user?

I didn't see any gconf key, and the documentation on
/usr/share/doc/gnome-control-center/ was not of much help.

I can comment out all the files on /usr/share/control-center-2.0/xrdb/*.ad
or even remove them, but they are not conffiles and the change will be
overwritten in the next upgrade.

Best regards,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.