Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

   Sure, it's a good feature to have in a debian system, very useful and
   all. But the way I see it, this could lead to debian packages becoming
   developers playground, with maintainers (and others) adding feature of
   the week randomly into unstable packages, just because they find it
   useful.

 Too late, this already happens with a lot of packages :)  If a hack isn't
good enough for upstream, but it's nice, it's good enough for debian.

   IMHO, debian is more about packaging than about coding per se. Such a
   feature should go upstream. Now, it may be decided that proper shutdown
   at logout is essential for debian to have. But it should stay relatively
   exceptional.

 Exceptional like having a Documents button added to the file selector? (I've
grown used to the buttons now.)

Jim