Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> > > Why do you think they won't ? Is there a reason not to apply them to
> > > the not yet existing 2.4 packages ?
> >
> > Safety (it's a feature, not a fix), and attempting to stay close to
> > upstream.
>
> Paranoia more likely. If it doesn't influence other code, why not use at
> least try it out (by uploading patched version of the unstable packages to
> experimental for example).

It's unusual for Debian to include non-bugfix patches in packages without
very good reason. It's also very unusual for GNOME to include non-bugfix
patches in stable series releases without very good reason. This discipline
greatly benefits stability, so it's worth following.

- Jeff

    "Of course i can see iso-8859-1 characters, I'm French." - Christian
                                  Marillat