Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

> > How about having gnome-session wait for GDM's response after hitting
> > 'OK' and only continue after the response or a timeout?
>
> Yep, this sounds reasonable. When the timeout is reached, it will
> logout, but there is no way to ensure that GDM will effectively logout
> or not, right ?

No, right. Not without interaction, be it the radio buttons or a
second dialog to give you feedback. And since you should always check
the radio buttons with your own eyes anyways...

> It would be nice if the timeout was configurable, as a gconf hidden option
> only maybe. I guess it will only take longer time when you are on
> non-local sessions, and in this case i doubt people will want to enable
> this feature anyway.

For luck the communication between gnome-session and GDM has to be local
(I assume you cannot open a UNIX domain socket on another machine).

Best regards,
Jarno