Re: Fam dependency

Jeff Waugh wrote:

So, my opinion is that gnome-core should depend on fam, and someone should
outline why gnome-panel and nautilus shouldn't, just so we know we have good
reasons to not have the dependencies there. (In fact, this would be a good
note to put in an appendix to the policy documents.)

- Jeff

Yes, please outline this. From my perspective ("user", I suppose), it seems more logical to have the very packages that "don't work as expected without fam" depend on fam, and that would be nautilus and gnome-panel.

However, if installing the nautilus-package means installing "core nautilus only" it seems reasonable to have it only suggest fam (or ignore fam?).

And if the gnome-package means "fully working complete gnome desktop" it seems reasonable to have it depend on fam.

But now, what does gnome-core mean? :)

/Erik