Re: galeon (not) in Debian stable

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 05:21:06PM +0100, Mark Howard wrote:
> My next upload of galeon will be to the experimental branch of Debian as
> per the requests of the release manager. I will then request the removal
> of galeon packages from sarge and sid. Unfortunately this will mean that
> all galeon builds will be manual until the buildd system is extended
> for experimental. I will only build i386 packages - hopefully developers
> with other platforms will build galeon on them.

I have the same opinion as the folks that have spoken up here. Galeon
1.3 Works For Me, and has done so for a long time now. If you can get
the Galeon team to focus on a few minor bugs which could improve its
usability. The only bug that worries me right now, #205434, appears to
be fixed in CVS. Other bad bugs are mozilla bugs so we can do little
about it unless Takuo backports patches.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/