Re: strange desktop behaviour after screen resolution change

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 22:44, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 18:37, Christian Marillat wrote:
> >> Mpiktas <vaze0348@uosis.mif.vu.lt> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> >> This bug isn't a sawfish bug. sawfish is the same package since one
> >> month. The main package who has changed in the last 2 days in gtk 2.0,
> >> then something has changed in gtk 2.0 ?
> >
> > The original poster doesn't mention any change in the last month or two
> > days or whatever AFAICS. What makes you so sure it's not a sawfish bug?
> > The workaround (BTW, the fact that there's a workaround doesn't mean
> > there's no bug - and what exactly does the XVideo extension have to do
> > with all this? *shrug*) certainly points towards sawfish IMO.
>
> As I said I've experienced the same problem with nvidia drivers, I've
> lost all my X configuration, no more Xvideo, dialog box opened between
> two desktop, all my windows positions was lost, impossibility to open a
> window centered on my screen, etc... and these bugs was gone without
> changing something in sawfish.

But the workaround which works for the submitter is changing the window
manager, not the driver; in fact, he explicitly says that the problem
occured with both nvidia and nv drivers.

> And for XVideo do you know mplayer ? When XVideo is gone the WM_CLASS
> for mplayer windows aren't the same and thus all configuration are lost.
> Then yes, XVideo can affect a window manager comportment.

For broken video players maybe. :) But hardly for desktop icons.