Re: strange desktop behaviour after screen resolution change

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 18:37, Christian Marillat wrote:
>> Mpiktas <vaze0348@uosis.mif.vu.lt> writes:

[...]

>> This bug isn't a sawfish bug. sawfish is the same package since one
>> month. The main package who has changed in the last 2 days in gtk 2.0,
>> then something has changed in gtk 2.0 ?
>
> The original poster doesn't mention any change in the last month or two
> days or whatever AFAICS. What makes you so sure it's not a sawfish bug?
> The workaround (BTW, the fact that there's a workaround doesn't mean
> there's no bug - and what exactly does the XVideo extension have to do
> with all this? *shrug*) certainly points towards sawfish IMO.

As I said I've experienced the same problem with nvidia drivers, I've
lost all my X configuration, no more Xvideo, dialog box opened between
two desktop, all my windows positions was lost, impossibility to open a
window centered on my screen, etc... and these bugs was gone without
changing something in sawfish. And for XVideo do you know mplayer ?
When XVideo is gone the WM_CLASS for mplayer windows aren't the same and
thus all configuration are lost. Then yes, XVideo can affect a window
manager comportment.

Christian