Re: Where is gnome-config in the Gnome 2 packages?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:49:25 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest FVWM 2.5.7 on my Debian system, running
> Gnome 2 etc. from Sid.
>
> When I run FVWM's configure, it won't build the Gnome stuff because it
> can't find gnome-config.

That's a strong hint that its GNOME support is for GNOME1 only.

> In Gnome 1.4, that was provided by libgnome-dev, but there's nothing like
> that in libgnome2-dev.  I have installed all the -dev packages I can find.
>
> Where is gnome-config hiding in Gnome 2?

The separate *-config scripts are obsolete; with GNOME2 one uses
pkg-config (http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/), e.g.
"pkg-config --cflags --libs libgnome-2.0".

HTH,
Ray
--
Subtlety is fine. It might warrant a comment, though.
	Linus Torvalds