Re: libgtop2 fixed packages available (solves applet mess).

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 04:55:07PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 04:18:47PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
> [...]
> >>
> >> Nothing related to upstream with this libtool feature. Search for glade
> >> in that archive list for an answer.
> >
> > Huh ? care to clarify this a bit ?
> >
> > I suppose you mean that it is libtool who is using the installed version
> > of the libraries at build time, and that this is a bug in libtool ?
>
> No, a feature. When a linrary is re-linked at install time scripts
> produced by libtool search for libaries in /usr/lib thus in debian we
> install these libraries in debian/<packages>/usr/lib and these scripts
> can't find the libraries.

And which is the archive list where under a glade related header i may
find the solution, or even better yet, what would be the magical libtool
invocation/configuration which would enable libgtop2 to be built against
the right libraries ? Or at least a more concrete hint to where i might
find this information ?

Still i think it is a bug, since these libraries are linked, not at
install time, but at build time, when the libraries they are supposed to
link to are not yet installed on the system. The proof that it is a bug
is that the resulting package is broken :)))

Friendly,

Sven Luther