Re: libgtop2 fixed packages available (solves applet mess).

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Hello, ...

Hi,

[...]

> There you will also find fixed hardware-monitor and netspeed packages,
> all other broken applets would need a rebuild against these libgtop2
> packages. The affected packages are, as far as i know :

[...]

> I cannot yet upload these packages to unstable, since their build system
> is broken (they use the installed libraries, not the ones currently
> building), and would need a name change because of the soname bump.

Don't upload these broken packages.

1) The soname change isn't necessary and should be reverted by upstream
because the only changes beatween 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 are 5 lines in
src/daemon/gnuserv.c to fix a buffer overflow vulnerability.

2) You are doing the wrong fix in debian/libgtop2.files This file should be
removed otherwise the next soname change this package will be broken again.

Christian