Re: compiling gaim for woody and xfree86 4.1

Gaim maintainer here... as far as I remember, Gaim's debs from unstable
build on woody without modification, except for disabling gtkspell
because woody doesn't have that lib. In fact, I built 0.63 for you,
available here:
 http://people.debian.org/~robot101/gaim-woody/gaim_0.63-1.0woody1_i386.deb

Hopefully that works for you, but I'll answer your questions anyway,
for interest's sake. =)

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:33:45AM -0500, Caitrin Torres wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to compile gaim to work with xfree86 4.1.0?
> I've been trying to read up on the reason why the gnome 2.2 backports
> depend on 4.2.1, but I don't completely understand the issue, or if
> it's relevant here.

Yes, Gaim doesn't care about the XFree86 version, it's just a simple X
client.

> 2. I got the source tarball from the gaim website, and tried to
> compile it, but ./configure complains about needing GTK+ 2.0 development
> headers. Are there unofficial debs available for those anywhere? Or,
> what are they likely to be called so I can check apt-get.org?

Gtk2 is already in woody. apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev gets you the header
files.

> Thanks for the help,
>
> --
> caitrin torres