Re: compiling gaim for woody and xfree86 4.1

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:33:45AM -0500, Caitrin Torres wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to compile gaim to work with xfree86 4.1.0?
> I've been trying to read up on the reason why the gnome 2.2 backports
> depend on 4.2.1, but I don't completely understand the issue, or if
> it's relevant here.

GTK2.2 introduced better Xinerama support; it's likely that those
headers changed in X or something.  Gaim should work on any recent
version of xfree.

> 2. I got the source tarball from the gaim website, and tried to
> compile it, but ./configure complains about needing GTK+ 2.0 development
> headers. Are there unofficial debs available for those anywhere? Or,
> what are they likely to be called so I can check apt-get.org?

Did you "apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev"?

"apt-get build-dep gaim" might do the trick, too, but I've never tried
that.

--
      Evan Martin
martine@cs.washington.edu