Re: Unwanted NMU

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 05:52:16 +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Why my package (libgnomeprint and libgnomeprintui) are NMUed ?

Gnumeric 1.2.2 needed newer versions of libgnomeprint and libgnomeprintui
than were in sid. There had been zero response from the maintainer regarding
updates on several libgnomeprint bugs, including an FTBFS one. Given the
communicational attitude displayed by the maintainer on previous occastions
and the lack of response on the bug reports, I decided not to bother with
further attempts to get the maintainer into action and NMUed.

> Also I've received (at least) 200 e-mails like this one, because the NMU was
> never finished.

The NMU was finished. Regrettably it turned out that my new gpg subkey
wasn't in the Debian keyring yet. For the libgnomeprintui and gnumeric
uploads that was remedied by asking another developer to resign the upload;
for libgnomeprint this didn't work out until after yesterday's dinstall run.

Ray
--
For those Unix & Linux fanatics who're feeling left out, please forward this
message to everyone you know and delete a bunch of your files at random.