Re: Unwanted NMU

Christian Marillat dijo:
> ,----
> | libgnomeprintui (2.4.2-0.1) unstable; urgency=medium
> |
> |   * NMU
> |   * New upstream release (needed for gnumeric 1.2.2).
> |
> |  -- J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>  Fri,  5 Dec 2003 17:52:40 +0100
> `----
>
> I still think that this NMU is a personnal attack, like this e-mail.

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html

	In any case, you should not be upset by the NMU. An NMU is not a
	personal attack against the maintainer. It is a proof that
	someone cares enough about the package and that they were
	willing to help you in your work, so you should be thankful.

Emmmm, anyway... I don't think one can or *should* upoad a new upstream
version as an NMU. No bugs closed, no changes file...

I would have just pinged Mr. Marillat in order to get my gnumeric bug
fixed: "Please Christian, take a look at bug #_____. How can we work
this out?"

NMUing things without talking first makes people really angry. No matter
what the Developer Reference says. Still, we are all human and, thus,
make mistakes.

Have a nice day!

--
 .''`.    A woman must be a cute, cuddly, naive little thing,
: :' :   tender, sweet, and stupid            -- Adolf Hitler