Re: background in gnome 2.4

 Translated to English, these are:

 > /desktop/gnome/background/draw_background

 Leave my desktop background alone, dammit you POS!

 (stupidly enough, the GUI thing knows about this, but doesn't allow you
 to set it)

 > /apps/nautilus/preferences/background_set

 No, I don't want windows with silly backgrounds!

 (and no, you can't change this from nautilus)

 > /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop

 Will you _please_ leave my desktop alone you POS? (IOW, don't take over
 the root window)

 (and IIRC there's a way to configure this in Nautilus itself)

 > The first two seem to do nothing on my setup. If there just no way to
 > tell nautilus to use a transparent background, what's their use ?

 There used to be a way, but it seems it's gone.

 HTH,

--
Marcelo