Re: background in gnome 2.4

<quote who="Daniele Venzano">

> I want different backgrounds on different desktops, I think that's a
> simple feature, but the only window manager that manage this is the old
> enlightentment 0.16.
> For this reason I don't want nautilus to draw my desktop, and I have to
> go digging in gconf for the settings I need (that, BTW, are not
> documented, or perhaps I didn't search in the right places).

Disabling Nautilus is not the way to fix this properly - bringing support
for per-desktop backgrounds to GNOME is.

> Still, I haven't found any way to let nautilus draw the icons on the
> desktop, but not the background image.

You can't. Nautilus draws a window on top of the root window. That's the
only sane way to get desktop file management working.

- Jeff

              What do you give a bird when it has a headache?
                               Parakeetamol.