epiphany, mozilla dependence and the Gecko runtime environment (GRE)

from http://arstechnica.com/reviews/003/software/gnome-2.4/gnome2.4-3.html

-- Epiphany, and GNOME in general, will benefit from mozilla.org's Gecko
Runtime Environment; this will enable Epiphany to fully shed unnecessary
Mozilla dependencies.

gre - http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/GRE.html

I noticed that epiphany-browser depends on mozilla-browser
which is a 10Mb download.

My questions are:

* has epiphany shed mozilla dependency and can rely on gre.

* is gre in debian? if not how will this be done?

* would shedding the mozilla-browser dependency help
epiphany packages migrate into testing or would that
mean that gecko bugs wouldn't be related to epiphany?
(I hope that makes sense.)

PS - I almost cross posted this debian-devel but was unsure
the protocol of doing this. If you think it would be helpful
then please forward it on.
Lex Hider
http://home.pacific.net.au/~alexeijh/AutoQ/
AutoQ - Get funked!