Re: Gnome 2.4 usable

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 08:13:03AM -0800, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> Martin Bretschneider wrote:
>
> > I've read the problems of the new Gnome 2.4 packages in Sid. Since
> > there aren't a lot of these in the last week I guess that Gnome 2.4 (I
> > need i386) has stabilized a bit. Am I right?
>
> Yes, Gnome 2.4 from Sid is now working just fine on my desktops, both
> i386 and powerpc.

It seems to work pretty well except a few glitches (like when I open the
bottom panel, I see the tir-off of the running app bar being drawn and a
similar effect on the extremities of the panel).

On powerpc, I had to rebuild from source a few packages myself against
the not-yet available gal2:
   http://cattlegrid.net/~christophe/tmp/

Christophe

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.