Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

<quote who="Marcelo E. Magallon">

>  > Apparently you don't understand, changing a schema file does
>  > *nothing* for current configuration. Then tell me what do you want to
>  > change that ?
>  >
>  > You *can't* change users configurations in postinst script.
>
>  Apropos... can we PLEASE have some documentation for that horrible
>  thing called gconf shipped WITH the operating system?  That one line in
>  /usr/share/doc/gconf/README.Debian is _not_ enough.  GNOME shines for
>  its lack of documentation, but gconf takes it to a extreme.

Contributing your time to fixing that would be very worthwhile. Here's a
very substantial start:

  http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/

- Jeff

     "Linux is not like Novell, it isn't going to run out of money - it
              started off bankrupt, in a way." - Steve Ballmer