Re: Gnome cups integration

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 16:12, Roach, Mark R. wrote:
> A while back, possibly while I was using the unofficial gnome 2.4
> packages, all gnome print dialogs would give me a nice list of available
> printers instead of the ugly "lpr" dialog. This doesn't seem to be the
> case anymore. I have installed the libgnomecups* packages, but that
> doesn't seem to do it, does anyone know how to get that feature back?

That code is from Ximian, and is Evil (TM) patches to libgnomeprint,
with special Extra Evil (TM) patches to Galeon.  I didn't know they were
included in the unofficial 2.4 debs, but I don't believe they should go
anywhere near the Debian packages, mainly as everything breaks when CUPS
isn't used...

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com