Re: GDM and locales

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:05:15AM +0000, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I wholeheartedly agree here, a global locale configuration would be a
> great improvement. However, it looks quite difficult to achieve this for
> sarge, as it requires at least glibc and pam packaging changes. So it

I don't see why pam would need to change -- it simply uses
/etc/environment for its intended purpose.  glibc doesn't build on
hppa anyways, so if someone puts the time and effort in, it can
probably happen for sarge.  (there will be at least one more upload of
glibc) I don't have the time, or I would have started on it already.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.