Re: Today's the day...

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> writes:

> Ok, #commits is full of 2.4.0 release logs... congrats to the @gnome.org
> folks reading this :)
>
> Now, in the last thread regarding what to do with the Sarge transition,
> apparently we decided to wait till 2.2 gets in testing entirely before
> moving to GNOME 2.4.

We have decided that ? Why not uploading 2.4 in unstable now ? There is
no freeze of gnome 2.2 packages for the moment, and I don't think that the
glibc will be completly ok within 10 days, so gnome 2.4 package will reach
testing as far as 2.2 packages can do it.
It seems that gnome 2.4 is quite stable, there is not a lot of big
changes and breakages ... perhaps is it a good candidate for unstable
now ?

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher