Re: Getting rid of libgtk2.0-0png3

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:29:38PM +0200, Mika Fischer wrote:
> Hi, Robert!
>
> * Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> [2003-08-31 16:58]:
> > We seem to have made no progress. Mika, can you upload a new version of
> > Celestia please? You don't need to do very much except build-depend on
> > libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.0.6-2) so that it will not build with a
> > libgtk2.0-0png3 version of the package.
>
> I have uploaded a few minutes ago. I also didn't use GTK2 at all but the
> GTK/Gnome version from upstream which uses GTK 1.2 and Gnome 1.4.
>
> A bigger problem will be to get the new package into testing as it has
> an RC bug which is unlikely to be resolved before the freeze.

And is this RC bug not also present in the current sarge version ? You
could always ask the RM to look into this, or ask for help solving the
bug, or even ask for the removal of the older celestia from sarge or
something such. And to work around the glibc bug, you can always try
building in testing-proposed-upates. But there too,ask the RM about it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther