Re: Getting rid of libgtk2.0-0png3

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 12:29, Mika Fischer wrote:
> I have uploaded a few minutes ago. I also didn't use GTK2 at all but the
> GTK/Gnome version from upstream which uses GTK 1.2 and Gnome 1.4.

I don't understand -- why was the previous version GTK 2 if upstream is
still GTK 1?  Where they Debian specific patches?  And I was only one
package away from purging GTK+ 1 as well... :(

> A bigger problem will be to get the new package into testing as it has
> an RC bug which is unlikely to be resolved before the freeze.

How easy it is to split the data up?  For now we could only include the
data which is *known* to be DFSG-free in main/, the nearly free stuff in
non-free/, and the rest on a personal site for people who don't care.
As we get confirmation of the licenses, data can be moved around as
required.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com