Re: Gtk/Gnome RC Bug Report

Sebastien Bacher <seb128@debian.org> writes:

>> Months ? Are you serious ? gtm and gtktalog have been ported in less
>> than 3 hours. May be not the same project, but porting an application to
>> GTK 2 doesn't need months...
>
> Have you already develop some apps with gtk+1.2/2 ? Lists, trees and
> text widget are totally differents, all these parts of code should be
> rewritten.

Do you know that I'm the maintainer for the main GNOME libraries ?

> After looking at grisbi package :
>
> $ cat *.[ch] | wc -l
>   82364
>
> I don't think you can modify 80 000 lines of code in 3 hours! But if you
> can make the port in some hours do it, it would be great ;-)

Re-read what I wrote above. I'm talking about what I know, my packages
gtm, gtktalog and zapping.

> Most of the gtk/gnome apss have been ported to gtk2 in months (look at
> gnomeicu, anjuta, xchat, ...).

Because upstream was working in both branch in cvs one for GNOME 1 and
another for GNOME 2 like one of my package (zapping). The G2 port has
been started one year ago and never finished because upstream his still
working on the G1 version and spend his time to backport G1 changes to
the G2 branch. Same for gtktalog, the port has been started one year
ago and never finished.

Christian