Re: Gtk/Gnome RC Bug Report

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:

>> Have you already develop some apps with gtk+1.2/2 ? Lists, trees and
>> text widget are totally differents, all these parts of code should be
>> rewritten.
>
> Do you know that I'm the maintainer for the main GNOME libraries ?

Yes, but do you think you are realist when you say "but porting an application to
GTK 2 doesn't need months..." ? Some ports need months (look on Robert
McQueen mail about gaim port).

> Re-read what I wrote above. I'm talking about what I know, my packages
> gtm, gtktalog and zapping.

"May be not the same project, but porting an application to GTK 2 doesn't need months..."

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was thinking you were speaking about porting in
general ("porting an application"), not just about your packages ... and
some apps really need months.

> Because upstream was working in both branch in cvs one for GNOME 1 and
> another for GNOME 2 like one of my package (zapping). The G2 port has
> been started one year ago and never finished because upstream his still
> working on the G1 version and spend his time to backport G1 changes to
> the G2 branch. Same for gtktalog, the port has been started one year
> ago and never finished.

Yes, I agree with that .. port is faster when devels work only on
that ... but even in this case it can take time ...

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher