Re: libgtop2 debian package (i am not the official maintainer).

Hi Sven. I'm cc's Andrew Sobala who actually produced the latest
release. I believe that binary compatibility was not broken between the
two releases, so the soname change is probably not warrented.

I'm not sure about 2) :(

To clarify Bastien's comments: I'm kinda the maintainer right now since
I wrote GNOME System Monitor and noone remains to maintain libgtop.
Unfortunately I know very little about the libgtop code and am a little
afraid to mess with it ;)

I think everyone agrees that a replacement would be nice (especially
since libgtop doesn't build on Solaris ATM). Otherwise we need someone
to step in and really maintain the code. I don't really have to time to
do it. However, right now there is no replacement available so there is
no plan to move to a different library.

Regards,
Kevin