Re: Gnome 2.2 - Which fonts should I install?

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 21:13, Ben Hill wrote:
> Doesnt sound too good...
>
> I did find this screenshot though:
>
> http://vhost.dulug.duke.edu/~louie/screenshots/2.2/1.jpg
>
> It shows in the background, Ximian Evolution (I think) with nicely
> rendered fonts.

Hmm, it's possible that's the unstable Evolution 1.3 - altho those don't
seem too spifftacular.  Just out of curiosity, how bad are your fonts?
I mean, our definitions of good/blocky could be worlds apart.  ;-)

> I have also seen a screenshot of someone with cool fonts in Mozilla,
> although I cant find it.

You can get Xft or GTK2 based Mozilla builds.  The GTK2 builds are a
little buggy yet, haven't tried plain Xft.  I believe theire are Debian
packages for Mozilla w/ GTK2 in Sid - mozilla-snapshot, I think.  Or
something like that.

--
Sean Middleditch <elanthis@awesomeplay.com>
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.