Gnome 2.2 - Which fonts should I install?

I have Gnome 2.2 running, but some of the fonts look a little dodgy.
Namely Evolution's font, Mozilla's font are blocky and not smooth.

Having set the default font using the Desktop Preferences, it looks ok,
but with Mozilla and Evolution and some other GTK apps it doesn't look
too hot. They basically look like they are not TrueType...

Is there any particular fonts I should apt-get install? And do I have to
make any changes to my XF86Config-4?

Apologies if this is a lame "not again" post, but I have tried going
through the archives to find an answer but not really got to it...

Cheers,

Ben

--
mail: ben@javacoder.net