Re: evolution 1.4 preview on debian

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 21:47, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2003-03-26 at 15:40, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> > Am Mit, 2003-03-26 um 03.51 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> > > Now the question is how to make what I have (a bunch of hacked up
> > > packages built from CVS snapshots) public without embarassing myself too
> > > much. :) I guess I'll take a while to put up slightly cleaned up source
> > > packages, please bear with me as I'm generally very busy at the moment.
> >
> >   It would be great, if you could make these packages publicly avalable
> > within the next week, I'd love to show evo1.3.1 in my talk about GNOME
> > on the linuxday in magdeburg (germany).
>
> I uploaded the source packages to
> http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/evolution-1.3/ , hopefully that will
> give you something to show off. :) Let me know if there are any problems
> building these.

Hmm, I ran into a problem with gal2.  It needs to build-depend on
automake1.4 since the source package has links to files in
/usr/share/automake-1.4/

sbdep@cancer:~/src/gal2/gal2-1.99.2.99+cvs20030326$ ls -l | grep ^l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 sbdep    sbdep          31 Mar 28 00:38 COPYING ->
/usr/share/automake-1.4/COPYING
lrwxrwxrwx    1 sbdep    sbdep          31 Mar 28 00:38 INSTALL ->
/usr/share/automake-1.4/INSTALL
lrwxrwxrwx    1 sbdep    sbdep          34 Mar 28 00:38 install-sh ->
/usr/share/automake-1.4/install-sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 sbdep    sbdep          31 Mar 28 00:38 missing ->
/usr/share/automake-1.4/missing
lrwxrwxrwx    1 sbdep    sbdep          37 Mar 28 00:38 mkinstalldirs ->
/usr/share/automake-1.4/mkinstalldirs

Better of course would be to rempve the links from the source package
and replace them with actual files.

Other than that, the packages are flawless as far as I can see.  I just
launched it for the first time, and it is a sight to behold :)

--
Stephen Depooter
<sbdep@myrealbox.com>