Re: Gnome Terminal and ISO-8859-2 fonts

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 19:51, Maciej Stachura wrote:

> > >         http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/files/terminal2.png
> >
> > No you don't. If you look closely (a bigger font may help), the
> > "polish-only" letters are substituted by pango from another font,
> > probably because they are missing from the "fixed" charset.
> > I think vte is unable to perform such a substitution, and that's why
> > polish characters fail on your terminal.
>
> Thank you, you are right. I didn't know that (I'm a begginer in GNOME
> 2). Is there any solution? Of course, I can choose another font, but
> maybe there is some hacks :-)

Maybe you don't have appropriate xfonts-* packages installed? I use
'fixed' font with gnome-terminal 2.2.1-1 and everything is displayed OK.

Here's what I have installed:
COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l 'xfonts-*' | grep ^ii|cut -d" " -f3
xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-100dpi-transcoded
xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-75dpi-transcoded