Re: G2.2 (woody backport): nautilus - "use home as desktop" option gone from gconf-editor

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:39:10PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 19:23, Sean Proctor wrote:
>
> > You can add new keys in gconf-editor.
>
> Yeah we know, but that adds a whole new stratum of options to the thing.

you took me out of context. the original message said something about having
to use the command line tools to edit gconf. the reply said that things needed
to be done that way. I was merely stating that this is not the case, you can
add keys through the GUI.

> So far we'd got
> a) options available in the standard-GUI
> b) options available in gconf-editor
>
> And now, additionally,
> c) options that would be available in gconf-editor if the keys were set,
> but can be added via command line anyway

what does the command line have to do with it? you can add keys through the
GUI, so why specify command line?

> How does one know which options should be b) and which c), and is it a
> bug if it's only c)?

I agree that's it seems like a bug in gconf-editor. Add it to the list of
problems with it. I'm not particularly bothered by any of them, and they
don't cause any real data loss and I'm too lazy to fix them, so I don't bitch
about it. Talk to the gconf maintainers and see if they know of the issue.
Maybe it'll eventually be solved.

Actually, looking closer, I don't see a schema for nautilus. Is that a
problem with the gnome 2.2 backport? (I don't have access to my sid box right
now) I'm a little confused as to exactly what was thought to be a bug with
nautilus.

Sean