G2.2 woody backport: gnomecc gone. How to set URL handlers for G1.4 apps now?

Hi,

using the evilgeniuses woody backport of G2.2

Package gnome-control-center is now the 2.2 version. The 1.4 version
can't be installed, and I couldn't compile it either, since the required
*-dev packages are uninstallible due to conflicts.

While I can switch themes manually or with gtk-theme-switch, I'm still
looking for a way to accomplish these without gnomecc
a) change the URL handlers for G1.4 apps
b) change fonts for 1.4 apps

Thanks for help, Mario