Re: Workrave anyone?

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 04:32:07PM +0100, Johannes Rohr wrote:

> Now, I asked the upstream author if it wasn't time to get Workrave
> into Debian. He responded, he thinks that the policy doesn't permit
> the upstream author and maintainer to be one and the same person. Is
> this true? If yes, why?

That would be a pretty silly policy if it were our policy, so I'm
happy to inform you that it's not.  Just the opposite -- we actually
encourage upstream authors to maintain their own packages if they
happen to be (or want to be) DDs.  The obvious case is debian-specific
packages: it would make no sense at all to keep "upstream" separate.
But even for non-Debian-specific packages, we have numerous cases
where the author or upstream maintainer is also the Debian maintainer.
And even more cases where the Debian maintainer is part of an upstream
team (glibc, X, etc.).

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single