Re: vfolder .desktop and Window Maker

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 05:54:23AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Note that we replaced vfolders with a new menu spec (see
> www.freedesktop.org) which is similar in spirit but different. I
> started changing desktop-file-utils to the new format but haven't
> had time to finish it yet. I hope to sometime in the next few months.

Oh. :)

Newer than the "VFolder desktop entry proposal" on the
<http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/> page? I looked around and couldn't
find anything else. Am I overlooking something obvious?

> If someone is working on d-f-u WindowMaker support, they haven' told
> me about it. Waldo Bastian is working on KDE support for the new menu

Ok, well I'm working on it. I've got a patch for desktop-file-utils-0.3 that
adds a --format=wmaker option to desktop-menu-tool, which causes --print to
produce the format Window Maker is looking for. Let me know if you think
this is the right approach.  I want to clean up the code a little bit and
then I'll send it to you.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>