Re: gnome-theme-manager still crashing on me

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 08:46:23PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:31:44PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > This is screwy - the Windows control panel in the control center isn't
> > intended to be metacity-specific. It's "pluggable" so you could add
> > support for other WMs. It loads metacity support from a plugin.
>
> Others WMs ? Sawfish ? I don't think upstream want to add sawfish in
> that capplet.

Any WM can be added, we would take the patch, or the plugin can come
with the WM itself.

> If metacity isn't installed/running this capplet return an error
> dialog box. Users don't like that.

The error message is if there's no plugin. As I said, other WMs could
provide a plugin.

All I'm saying is, if some other WM provides a plugin suddently your
packaging is going to be wrong.

Havoc