gnome2 completely broken right now?

Yo!

Any gnome2 program I start will just sit there and eat my CPU and
memory. In some cases, some of the program seems to start (gnome-session
displays the splash screen, and the gnome background is displayed).

System is based on testing, with all of gnome2 updated to yesterday's
unstable. (libc is current unstable, too)

Is there an easy fix?

cheers
-- vbi

--
Available for key signing in Zürich and Basel, Switzerland
                     (what's this? Look at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)