Re: gnome-theme-manager still crashing on me

Martin Soto <soto@informatik.uni-kl.de> writes:

> Hi all!

Hi,

[...]

> Checking the Debian repository for a package containing that file, I
> found the the file *should* be in gnome-control-center 1:2.2.0-2, or at
> least, that's what the file list available from the web page shows
> (check
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=gnome-control-center&version=unstable)
> However (surprise!) the file is indeed not there.  I checked the package
> with dpkg --contents, and the whole window-manager-settings directory
> seems not to be there.  Any idea of how this could happen?

This file has been move in the metacity-properties package. From the
gnome-control-center Debian changelog :

control-center (1:2.2.0-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Add flex and autotools-dev in Build-Depends (Closes: #178702)
  * Move the metacity capplet in a new package metacity-properties

Christian