Re: nautilus a virus ??

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 20:42, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> Several thousand mail in evolution is fast to scroll
> galeon/mozilla can open LARGE pages and scroll that without a problem
> Nautilus can keep up if I scroll slow but resort to an update rate like
> 2-3 per second when I scroll fast and I have a feeling only parts of the
> windows gets updated . This is something you notice.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right, and I'm pretty sure this is a
gnome-canvas issue. Nautilus uses the canvas to display the files/icons,
right?

You can probably reproduce this issue with eog if I'm right. I think
that the canvas is just not as fast to paint, and so it short-circuits
the painting when you've scrolled past a certain point sometimes.