Re: Results of transition scripts

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:39:30PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

[...]

> No, because the .gnome directory is needed by GNOME 1 application.

> A, ok, ...

> Mmm, but then, this mean that the transition stuff is in moving stuff
> out of .gnome and into .gnome2, and doing the transition, or do you do
> the transition inplace, keeping older gnome 1 application stuff ?

We are not moving file from .gnome to .gnome2 but the files are only
copied.

> In this later case, should i move the data from .gnome2 into .gnome by
> hand ? Or simply loose all the configurations.

GNOME 2 applications use ~/.gnome2 and GNOME 1 applications use ~/.gnome
then if you move the files you lost yours configurations.

[...]

> manager you need to use update-alternatives to select your prefered
> window manager.

> Erm, yes, sure i know about this, and like i said, it is the third or
> more time that i use update-alternatives on this box, but somehow
> something keeps reseting this to some other default (twm when
> twm+metacity is available, sawfish if sawfish, twm and metacity is
> available).

Did you select the gnome session in gdm ? Apparently you are using the
xsession choice.

Christian