Re: GNOME 2 transition this sunday?

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 19:04, Joe Drew wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
> > I've fixed the last few major bugs in the upgrade scripts.  It is time
> > to make the GNOME 2 transition.  What do you think about doing it this
> > Sunday?  Please get back to me ASAP.
>
> How much feedback have you gotten for the scripts?

Virtually none.  This is not for a lack of trying :)

But I'm sure we'll get feedback once they hit sid.

> A lot of successes,
> few failures - or what?

It works well for 4 out of 5 .gnome directories I tried.  The fifth
stretches all notions of "sane desktop", so I am not sure the failure is
in the transition scripts so much as the user ;)

> Other than that, I'm all for it, excepting that I will be unable to
> support any of my packages for the next few weeks. (My IBM Deskstar hard
> drive is, for the second time, on its way back to IBM to be RMAd.)

Ouch.

> If manual intervention is required on our part, would someone take
> responsibility of gnome-utils? Just an upload to unstable would be fine

Sure, I'll take care of it.